The Use of Social Media by European Investment Professionals
25. September 2013
- 4 out of 5 respondents are German, so it would be exaggerated to speak of a pan-European survey.
- The majority of the respondents is sceptical about the relevance of the information on social media platforms, but nevertheless they expect the importance of social media to increase.
- Unsurprisingly the importance of companies’ websites is still increasing
- Xing and LinkedIn are the favoured social networking sites, especially for the maintenance of contacts.
- A majority (58%) would follow if companies start to use social media to engage with the investment community, even if 56% don’t expect companies to do so.
- Smartphones are widely used and for mobile purposes the iPhone dominates.
- If the respondents don‘t meet in person, they prefer the dialogue via email (84%); 81% spend more than 30 minutes per day in the www and in social media channels.